I’ve noticed recently that I am getting more breakouts than I normally would, and I kept saying to myself, what is it, why is this happening… I’m eating healthy, I’m drinking lots of water, so why is my face getting all of these breakouts. Then I remembered that it has been almost 2 months since I last gave my brushes a good clean!!! DON’T HATE, I try to do it as often as possible.
Washing your make up brushes is so important and should be a regular part of all of our beauty routines. When you use your brushes, bits of makeup, oil, dirt, and even bacteria can get caught in the bristles. When you think of it like that, you realise that skipping this step is only going to lead to 2 things, clogged pores and nasty breakouts 😦
Cleaning your brushes is quick and easy if you do a deep clean on a weekly basis. The first thing that you should be doing is picking yourself up a daily brush cleaner and giving your brushes a spray of this after every use. Then once a week you can do the deep clean.
Lots of make-up counters sell the brush cleaning spray including Mac, Bobbi Brown and many more, but they are a little pricey, yet probably worth the money. You can get a very reasonably priced one from Crown Brush HERE for just €6.26.
How to Deep Clean your Brushes –
You will need the following :
1. Run your brushes under lukewarm water in the sink rinsing off the make up. Be as gentle as possible with the brushes and keep it at the bristles rather than right at the top where the bristles come out of the head.
2. Fill up your bowl with lukewarm water and little squirt of your baby shampoo and swirl the bristles of the brush in the mixture. If there is lots of make up on the brushes, squirt a little shampoo into your hand and swirl the brush around in the palm of your hand to make it into a lather.
3. Run the brush head under the running luck warm water and repeat all steps until the water is running clear when rinsing your brush.
4. Use one towel to wipe the brush clean while reshaping the brush
5. Lay the brushes out flat on fresh towel to dry
Your brushes will take a few hours to dry, and I always do my deep clean before bed and leave them out to dry overnight.
So there you have it, easy peasy right? 🙂
Are your brushes in need of a clean?
One other thing, head to IKEA and you will pick up great little Brush Holders for just €2. Check them out HERE
Thanks for reading Ladies 🙂
I’ll be giving my Brushes a good clean tonight for sure!
Lots of love