Hi Lovely Ladies,
Good bank holiday weekend? I had a chilled one, and this morning headed to Bodynamics Bank Holiday Master Class which is an hour and a half long. MAN it was tough!! In saying that, i always love them and feel great once they are over, even if my legs crumble beneath me during the session haha!
Although i haven’t stopped going to the gym and still get there 4 times a week, the last couple of weeks i haven’t been on top of my clean eating. I’ve been a little bit lazy in the kitchen and opting for quick, easy and not necessarly healthy food choices and i am not lying when i tell you i feel crap for it. I’m tired all the time, always feel a little queezy after eating and generally just don’t feel nice! I’ve also let my chocolate addiction creep back in. I have been blaming the fact that i’m no longer a smoker (i’m off them since the end of may woohoo go me) and instead of having a stinky cigarette,im going out of my way to buy chocolate! I have had a good stern chat with myself and can’t be using the fact i am not smoking anymore as my reason for eating chocolate. I’m eating it because i had no will power, but oul WP is back as of today!!! Chocolate only during cheat meals. 10 weeks = Bikini!!! Bye bye Dairymilk Crunchy Bits, hello Abs 😉
Anyway…. i posted a little snap of my clean curry a couple of weeks back and lots of you were looking for the recipe so here ya go :
– 1 large onion, cut into wedges
– 1 red pepper & 1 yellow pepper cut into squares
– Half punnet of Button Mushrooms cut into 4’s
– 2 tablespoons coconut oil
– 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into cubes
– 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or crushed
– 2 or 3 clumps of frozen spinach (or fresh) (i use frozen for convenience)
-2 teaspoons chili powder
-2 teaspoons curry powder
-1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
-1 can full fat coconut milk
– 1 tablespoon honey
– Salt and pepper
1. In a large wok over high heat, sauté the onion, peppers & mushrooms in the oil until soft and gold-coloured.
2. Add the chicken, garlic and spices. Sauté for about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the coconut milk and honey. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, add in your spinach and simmer gently until the chicken is cooked through, about 8 minutes. Adjust the seasoning.
3. Serve with handful of basmati rice (post training)
This is delicious on its own also (minus the rice) the following day for a quick lunch with the left overs.
Any questions, just pop me a message ❤