Good things come in small packages.
I’m a sucker for all things sweet and i almost always need to have something nice after my dinner with a cup of tea, something i blame my mam and dad on. As a child we always got a skinny kit-kat after dinner, so folks, thanks for the bad habits 😉 Although i have changed my outlook on food and the choices i make when it comes to food, old habits die hard and i still look for something sweet, now my sweet somethings are something clean and healthy…. 90% of the time 🙂 These ‘No Bake Balls’ are the perfect thing for my sweet cravings in the evenings and even to just have on hand for a quick snack in between meals or on the go.
We all know that hunger and rushed is a bad combination for sticking to a plan and if we’re not prepared, the inner savage can make an appearance (or is it just me??). Most times, easy food isn’t always good food. Once you’ve had a bit of preparation time, mine mostly happens on a Sunday, you’ll have some super-healthy bites on hand to enjoy guilt-free and keep you from going bonkers on a snack that will not do your body or your plan any favors. So i have come up with a great little snack that is super simple to make and it requires no baking at all!!!!
What you’ll need (Makes 12 Balls)
- 1/2 cup Meridian Crunchy Peanut Butter (natural peanut butter)
- 1/2 cup Oats
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 small bars of 85% Dark Chocolate
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened dessicated coconut
- In a large bowl, mix together the peanut butter, oats and honey until they are sticking easily together
- Make the mixture int0 12 bitesize balls and pop in the fridge
- Break up your dark chocolate into smaller chunks and heat in the microwave in a microwavable dish/bowl for approx 1 min, keep an eye on this, it can easily burn. if all the chocolate isn’t melted when you first take it out don’t put it back in, keep stirring and it will all melt then
- Take the balls from the fridge and cover them in the melted dark chocolate by rolling them in the bowl with the dark chocolate
- Then cover do the same and roll the chocolate covered ball in the dessicated coconut, and add it to a dish that you can pop in the fridge
- Repeat will all balls
- Pop then in the fridge for a few minutes until the chocolate has hardened
- Enjoy : )
This was my first time giving these a go and they were really delicious and even just one is enough to take away that sweet craving. Next time i make them i am going to add in some protein powder for extra goodness! They will be a great little muncher for after a workout.
Products i used
Buy online from Discount Supplements Here
Porridge Oats from Aldi Ireland
Organic Honey from Aldi Ireland
85% Dark Chocolate from Aldi Ireland
Desiccated Coconut from Tesco
These delicious little bites are quick, easy and really really cheap to make.
Give them a go, you won’t be disappointed!
Feel free to get in touch with any questions.
Mail me: email@example.com
Tweet me: @needsblog
Snap me: @needsnotwants